Our music ministry is prayerfully designed to nourish a biblically faithful, vibrantly prophetic, multi-generational worship culture. We have a wide army of volunteers that make up Oakland Worship: musicians, vocalists, a traditional choir for our 8:30am service, a youth team, sound engineers, and more.
Colossians 3:12-17 says, “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful.
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts,.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”
As a member of the ministry of Oakland Worship, we ask that you be in agreement with the statements below:
- I consider Oakland Church my “home church.”
- I am in agreement with the Statement of Faith and overall vision of Oakland Church, and support Oakland Church with my prayers, resources, tithes, and offerings.
- I am in harmony and integrity in my marriage, family relationships, business relationships, and personal friendships. I have high moral conduct and Christian character inside and outside of Oakland Church.
- I have an attitude of support and submission for all authority, including the leadership of the church as a whole and also those who lead my respective area of service.
- I will demonstrate faithfulness in church attendance at Oakland Church and overall faithfulness to fulfill the responsibilities pertaining to my specific ministry assignment.
- I am committed to maintaining a disciplined life of Bible study, prayer and fasting, as well as refraining from such things as profanity, illegal drugs, pornography, sexual immorality, drunkenness, and all behaviors that might cause Christ to grieve and others to stumble.
- I am committed to building unity, being a peacemaker and a team player, having an attitude of grace, love, patience, long-suffering, service, and humility.
- I am committed to address the sins of others, personal offenses, hurts, and conflict with others in a biblical and timely manner.
- I will focus on Jesus and the essential issues of the faith as the priority of our common worship and service.
- I am committed to maintaining an attitude of compassion and grace to those who are hurting, different from me, sinful, or even adversarial to my faith in Christ.